We have a wide range of experience with Joomla API development.
Our API-centric projects cover many formats and applications. During the last few years, our API work has mainly being related to RESTful APIs for mobile App back-ends. Joomla is a fantastic content management system, so it works well as a back-end for App content, with a set of RESTful JSON endpoints to handle data interchange.
We've also worked on several Joomla templates with UI/UX focused on making the Joomla front-end a simplified App content management platform.
If you have an API project that you need help or advice with please get in touch.
Examples of Joomla API projects we've worked on:
- Appcelerator mobile app RESTful JSON API endpoints for the education sector.
- JSON CURL interfaces for sending push notifications from Google Cloud Messenger and Apple Push Notification Service.
- Ionic framework mobile app RESTful JSON API endpoints for the education sector.
- Joomla content to SCORM data exchange for e-learning systems.
- JSON interfaces with build systems for CI/CD provision.
- Joomla user management and authentication via JSON endpoints.
- Joomla to 37Signals json interfaces.
- Product data exchange with XML middleware.
- Development of continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) using Joomla and Jenkins.
- Build system and API data system for CI/CD using Joomla and ThoughtWorks go.cd.
- Implementation of API testing and simulation environments using Docker.
- API optimisation using xdebug and webgrind.
We spoke at the J & Beyond Joomla conference in Prague in 2015 on this subject, you can read more here.